This year’s cohortwere the first to sit public exams after two years of disruption caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and have faced many challenges during this period. Yet despite these difficult circumstances, some outstanding achievements have been made with a vast majority of pupil achieving a qualification in English and Maths. Importantly, every single pupil will now be progressing from school into either further education or an apprenticeship to secure the skills and knowledge they need for successful careers. These progression pathways are well supported by the Trust’s sponsor – London South East Colleges - which offers a wide range of vocational training at all levels, right through to degree courses and other higher education qualifications. Many of our school leavers will be joining LSEC in September,
The Trust’s schools receiving results today are:
All the Trust’s schools stayed open during lockdowns over the last two years, which has had a positive knock-on effect this academic year. The staff’s dedication during this difficult period ensured that all of our vulnerable students were well supported with both their education and their wellbeing.
This continuity of learning and support has resulted in some fantastic successes – here are the highlights from each school:
Bromley Trust Academy, Hayes Lane (Alternative Provision)
- 226 qualifications were achieved across all subjects
- Pupils on average gained eight qualifications each
- 44% of pupils gained at least 10 qualifications
- Pupil Arthur Nelson achieved 14 Level 2 qualifications (at Grade 4 and above), including a Grade 8 in chemistry and Grade 6 in Statistics. A special well done to him and to staff who delivered these subjects outside the main curriculum, in after school session
Bromley Beacon Academy, Old Homesdale Road (Special Provision for pupils with social, emotional and mental health needs)
- 100% of students have achieved 4+ Level 1 qualifications including English and maths
- 50% have achieved 5+ Level 2 qualifications including English and Maths
- 100% of the students achieved a GCSE in Art and Design
- 100% of students achieved Level 2 in Music.
Woodside Academy, Bexley (Special provision / ASD)
- 100% success rates in a range of Entry Level and Level 1 qualifications in Maths, English, Science, Construction, Art & Design, Introduction to Sport and Personal Progress.
Achieving these formal and nationally-recognised qualifications are a credit to the pupils and staff who have remained determined to progress.
Horizons Academy Bexley (Alternative Provision)
- 100% of pupils achieved at least 1 GCSE grade 1-9 or equivalent
- Over 50% of pupils achieved a GCSE grade 5 or above in Art
Endeavour Academy Bexley (Special Provision)
- 93% of pupils achieved a GCSE in English and Maths
- Stand out achievements include pupils achieving a Grade 5 in English Literature and in Art and other pupils gaining a Functional Skills Level 2 qualification in both Literacy and Numeracy
London South East Academies Trust comprises eight schools including mainstream, special and alternative provision across Bromley, Bexley and Surrey. We are committed to raising attainment, encouraging aspiration and supporting social mobility for every single child and young person in our schools, throughout their educational journey.
For more information about our Trust visit: www.LSEAT.co.uk